Enneagram Personality Types
Presented By: Heather Boynton, LCSW
EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist
EMDRIA Approved Consultant/Trainer in EMDR &
Kime Kenslow, LCSW
EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist
(An Enneagram manual that will provide materials to work with your clients
is included in the cost).
When: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(There will be a one-hour break for lunch on your own)
Where: 921 First Colonial Rd.; Suite 1707; Virginia
Beach, Va. 23454
Friday, April 27, 2018 Travel training held in Lynchburg, Virginia (Class is
What is Enneagram? : In short, it is a proven
psychological system that describes 9 inherently valid worldviews of
reality. The Enneagram personality model exposes the unconscious
assumptions- closely held opinions, inclinations and expectations that we
barely know we have. These unconscious assumptions drive the way we see
ourselves, do our work, relate to colleagues, and make decisions. Enneagram
is an international personality typology that provides a clear and
comprehensive understanding of human behavior and the psyche. Instead of
'boxing' people into fixed categories, the Enneagram profiles 9 styles of
being, which are truly dynamic, representing individuals as they change and
transform in life.
What will you learn? :
· Identify the basic characteristics of your personality type.
· Understand your key motivations, inner world, basic fear that affects your behavior and the behavior of each personality type.
· Understand how you make decisions, relate to others, and interpret others’ behavior...from your perspective.
· Do’s & Don’ts of each type - Stress patterns, hot-buttons & potential problems to anticipate.
· Learn how to identify another person’s personality type using ‘3 different intrinsic ways’ (personality lenses) from their Social Style, Coping Style and Triads (functions of human psyche).
· Learn how to get ‘out-of-the-box’ with Enneagram when you understand the Integration & Disintegration Directions.
· Learn how to assist your clients’ in therapy to strengthen their relationships and communication with others by teaching them each personality type.
How can you help your clients? : Teaching clients the
principles of each personality type, each personality types own gifts, and
limitations and blind-spots they may have that may be a barrier to
addressing current and past relational issues. Many of us yield to the
temptation to think of other types as defective versions of our own. You
will be able to teach your clients that we are different in important ways.
This tool can provide a framework for your clients’ treatment
objectives to improve communication in parenting, improve communication with
colleagues at work, and improve their relationships in general.
Why learn the Enneagram? : The Enneagram is a
powerful tool for self-discovery and personal development,
individual and group therapy, and excellent as a coaching
technology, leading to increased emotional intelligence. It has been
used in organizations as a proven system to accelerate working
relationships to higher levels of productivity, especially in the
areas of team building, leadership, negotiations, conflict
resolution, hiring, appraisals, and client relations. By
understanding personality types, we learn to be more flexible to see
the viewpoints and needs of others. With this new awareness, we help
ourselves and others become more effective - and as a result,
harmony, productivity and satisfaction increase.
· CEOs - for effective communications and persuasive presentations to staff and Board of Directors
· Managers - to increase the contributions, productivity and professional responsibility of staff
· Professionals - to sell ideas and influence clients to act
· Teams - to improve cooperation, collaboration and communications
· Parents - to establish stronger
connections with your children, and guide them with less stress
Training Course Registration Form:
Full Name: _______________________
Email address: _____________________
Amount Enclosed: ____________________
Make checks payable to: Waves Psychotherapy Services, P.C.; Mail to: 921
First Colonial Rd. Suite 1707; Virginia Beach, VA 23454.
Exp.Date:_________ Billing Zip Code____________
CVV Security Code: _________ (3 digit number on back of card).
Card Holder’s Signature________________________
There will be a convenience charge of 3.5% added to the total amount